House Bill 1, Article IX, Section 11.03
84th Legislature, Regular Session - 2015
(a) An agency or institution of higher education appropriated
funds by this Act shall supply to the Bond Review Board capital planning
information relating to projects subject to this section and financing options
for the 2018-2019 fiscal biennium in a format and according to guidelines
developed by the Bond Review Board. Such information shall include:
(1) a description of the project or acquisition;
(2) the cost of the project;
(3) the anticipated useful life of the project;
(4) the timing of the capital need;
(5) a proposed source of funds (method of financing);
(6) a proposed type of financing; and
(7) any additional related information requested by the Bond Review Board.
(b) The Bond Review Board shall compile a statewide capital
expenditure plan for the 2018-2019 fiscal biennium from the information submitted
by agencies and institutions in accordance with the capital planning
guidelines. Copies of the guidelines shall be filed with the Governor and the
Legislative Budget Board no later than December 31, 2015. The Bond Review Board
shall file copies of the capital expenditure plan for the period beginning
September 1, 2017 with the Governor's Office and the Legislative Budget Board
no later than September 1, 2016.
(c) The statewide capital plan required by this section shall identify the
state's capital needs and alternatives to finance these needs. The Bond Review
Board shall review input from all state agencies and institutions regarding the
agencies' and institutions' current and future capital needs as part of the
strategic planning process. The Bond Review Board shall inform the Legislature
on the possible budget impact of the capital plan on the state's debt capacity.
(d) This section applies to each anticipated state project
requiring capital expenditures for:
(1) land acquisition;
(2) construction of building and other facilities;
(3) renovations of buildings and other facilities estimated to exceed $1
million in the aggregate for a single state agency or institution of higher
(4) major information resources projects estimated to exceed $1 million.
(e) The Higher Education Coordinating Board
and the Bond Review Board shall eliminate redundant reporting by consolidating
this report and the Higher Education Coordinating Board's Master Plan report,
to the greatest extent possible.